Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mom and Scented Geraniums



"My mother had a slender small body but a large heart--a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accomodation"--Mark Twain


* * *

Chocolate-scented Geraniums have large, fuzzy, deep green leaves that produce a chocolate aroma. The scented geraniums are grown more for their fragrance then their floral appeal.

Orange-scented Geraniums have leaves that smell like Mandarin Oranges.

Coconut-scented Geraniums are vine-like and smell like pina colada.

Have you grown any scented Geraniums?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nope but they are very useful, sturdy flowers

Anny Cook said...

Nope, but I've grown scented mints. Luscious!

Sandra Cox said...

I haven't either but I want some coconut and chocolate.

I used to grow spearmint. The cats loved it.

Shelley Munro said...

No, I haven't, but they sound interesting.

We have lots of ducklings and goslings at the ponds I cycle past at the moment. It's fun watching the duckling speeding over the pond. They look as if they have tiny outboard motors.

Sandra Cox said...

I love watching ducks. And the babies are sooo cute.