Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Easy Smeazy Muffins

My middle name should be Easy. Hmm, that doesn't sound right does it? Anyway, you know what I mean. I like easy. If there's a short cut, especially in the kitchen, I'll take it. Cooking is not my passion. So when a friend gave me this EASY muffin recipe. (Thanks, Gail.) I decided to try it. And since it's the perfect time of year for it, I'm going on the assumption you like easy too, and sharing it with you. The picture is from the first batch, hence the fact that some of them look like baby muffins. I wasn't quite sure how much they'd rise. You can put a healthy dollop in each cup. The second batch, I topped with shaved nuts. Anyhoo....
All you need is a spice or yellow cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Blend the two together. Fill your muffin tins and bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minutes. Easy Smeazy.

8 comments:

DEZMOND said...

that cat will eat all the muffins :)

Pat Hatt said...

Easy works for me. Wouldn't tell too many people it should be your middle name though lol

Sandra Cox said...

Dez, Heh heh:)

Sandra Cox said...

Good point, Pat. Grin.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

My husband's family have those "from scratch" cooks. As an easy girl myself, I long ago came up with the explanation they have no argument against: Betty Crocker spent millions of dollars getting her recipes right, who am I to compete with that!

(I've made these muffins with chocolate cake too...that's also good. And take a yellow cake and mix with about six smashed over ripe bananas, also good. (Easy chicks got to stick together!)

CJ Kennedy said...

As a blue ribbon graduate from the Jane Jetson School of Culinary Arts, this recipe sounds perfect

Sandra Cox said...

Elizabeth, I love the way your mind works:) And the chocolate cake mix sounds yummy.

Sandra Cox said...

Why thank you Miss Jane Jetson School of Culinary Arts graduate:)