Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I've Got A Present For Ya

I don't know what it's like at your place of employment, but where I'm at, when someone gives you  work it's prefaced with, 'I've got a present for ya' or 'Here's a present'. Doesn't that seem just a little sadistic? I wonder if it's a southern thing like 'Bless His Heart', which if added to all the nasty things  said about someone absolves the speaker from speaking ill of  that person. As you can see, one of my co-worker's with a sense of humor took a whole new approach to the present thing. I found the 'work' folder slipped under the door to my office. There was a note mentioning the box of chocolates wouldn't fit. While, I'm afraid that the offer of a box of chocolates was bogus, the folder added a touch of whimsy and lightened the day.

~*~
Like to rhyme? Check out Pat Hatt's Blog.

17 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Fake chocolate?????

Unknown said...

That does seem to have a sweeter touch on the work load. I wish my boss would wrap my duties in a box of chocolates... or maybe tag two tickets to Fiji to them. Ha!

CJ Kennedy said...

Sounds like a fun place to work

Stacy McKitrick said...

If someone told me the box of chocolates didn't fit, I'd expect a box of chocolates next time I saw that person! :)

DEZMOND said...

since I live in a poor country in which it is the greatest happiness if you can find work, getting some is the greatest present ever.

Pat Hatt said...

haha that would be the kind of gift you'd want to re-gift to someone else. Thanks for the shout

Sandra Cox said...

Happy, It's a sad, sad thing isn't it?

The Happy Whisk said...

Very sad.

PS: The Cinnamon sugar thing turned into a fancy pop tart kind of deal. Was yummy. All gone, now.

Sandra Cox said...

Tickets to Fiji....I like it:)

Sandra Cox said...

Hey CJ, yeah, its not bad at all.

Sandra Cox said...

OMG Happy, that sounds delicious.

Sandra Cox said...

Stacy, grin.

Sandra Cox said...

I understand, Dez.

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Pat, 'Re-gift'. Good one.

Sandra Cox said...

Hello, Ms. Julia:)

The Happy Whisk said...

It was and it was so frickin' easy. Once I get the weights down, I'll have to post it.

Hope you have a great rest of your week. Cheers and boogie boogie.

Fundy Blue said...

More work and no chocolate! Yikes! LOL Have a good one!