Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ghost For Sale Is Out

Today is Ghost For Sale's book birthday.
As authors we become attached to our characters, even the villains. But Liam O'Reilly has a special place in my heart. He's just an old-fashioned ghost with old-fashioned values thrown into the hustle and bustle of the modern world.  And the first thing he sees is the one girl who will irrevocably bind him to her no matter what plane he dwells on.
Excerpt:
I got up and put the lamps back on the tables. Surprisingly, except for a dent in one of the shades they weren't damaged. I collapsed back on the floor my back against the couch. "Remember the other day when I told you your ghost's name was Liam?"
"Yeah, what a coincidence."
"No coincidence, Marcy." I rubbed my forehead. I could feel a tension headache forming.
"What are you saying?"
"The ghost in the tube that wasn't damaged was Liam."
"My ghost made this mess?" Marcy looked around in amazement.
"No! And he's not your ghost. He's mine," I snapped.
Liam studied me, a strange little smile on his features.
I felt myself blush but notched up my chin. He is my ghost. Mine. No matter what happens. No matter where he ends up. He’s mine.
Marcy rubbed her chin with a well-manicured index finger and watched me as well. Finally she said, "This just isn't like you, Caitlin."
"What do you mean?" I asked cautiously.
"There’s never been any rivalry between us about guys or objects. Even if I've had more than you have, you've never cared."
"He's not an object," I said hotly. I could feel my eyes spark. I clenched my fists. "He's a living breathing entity," then amended, "well maybe not the same as you or I live and breathe, but he’s alive on his own plane.
“And Marcy, the guys that dumped me to try to make headway with you were jerks. Good riddance to
them."
She nodded in agreement.
"You can't have Liam. He's mine, Marcy."
"I am, lass, yours completely.  I love you so much it makes my heart hurt.”  He had moved till he stood in front of me, his outline sharp and defined, emotion strong on his face.
My eyes filled with tears. "And I'm yours, Liam," I whispered.
"We'll pretend that's the case for now. But you've got to remember it’s temporary. I can't give you what you want and need, Caitlin." Misery crossed his strong-boned features.
"You're all I want." To my horror, I began to cry.
"Here now, lass. Please don't." Liam looked stricken and moved as close to me as he dared.
Marcy came over, put her arms around me and hugged me before she handed me a tissue. I blew my nose, a loud honking sound, definitely not a feminine girlie-girl blow. Her features pasty white, she hurried to the phone and began to dial.
"Who are you calling," I blubbered.
"Your parents. I'm afraid you're having a breakdown, Caitlin.”
"No, no don't call my parents," I gurgled in alarm, trying to talk through the thickness in my throat.
The phone disappeared out of Marcy's hands and floated across the room. Marcy began to shriek.
"It’s okay, Marcy. It’s only Liam."
 Links:
Kensington
Amazon
BarnesandNoble
Kobo
Apple
Google
Drawing for Giveaway on the Contest(s) Page


25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Big congratulations, Sandra! There is always that one special character, isn't there?
Enjoy your release day.

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations. A very different perspective. I am intrigued. And will undoubtedly weaken.

DEZMOND said...

Congrats! Do we get a ghost with the book too?

nashvillecats2 said...

Congratulations Sandra, I'm sure the book will be a huge success.

Yvonne.

CJ Kennedy said...

Congratulations!

Pat Hatt said...

Some characters sure stick with us. Congrats!

Stephanie Faris said...

It sounds amazing! I love ghost stories. Can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Sandra. I'm not much into ghost stories, but I just might have to read this one.

Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations! Caitlin sounds quite a bit possessive of her ghost. :)

H.R. Bennett said...

Congrats! Also, I might need to pick this up. I'm not completely sure what's going on and that angers and excites me. haha

Birgit said...

Oh wow! Congrats to you!! This must be exciting and love ghost stories

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Alex! Yes there's always one..or two...who's yours?

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you, EC. I appreciate that;)

Sandra Cox said...

Hmm, probably not. But I'll send you a button that says I Love Ghosts:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you, Yvonne. The 'huge success' would be a wonderful thing;)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, CJ:)

Sandra Cox said...

Indeed. Who are your all time favorite characters, Pat?

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Steph! Appreciate that:) I love ghost stories too. Emily's Ghost is one of my keepers.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh thank you, Emily. I appreciate that.

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Cherie:) She certainly is:)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks so much, Birgit;)

DMS said...

I love this cover! The story sounds great too! I look forward to reading it. Happy Book Birthday! :)
~Jess

Sandra Cox said...

Thank you so much, Jess:)

Blue Grumpster said...

That's a great title, Sandra. Congratulations!

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks, Blue;)